Photo Point Munnar Entry Fee
- No entry fee
Photo Point Munnar Phone
Rating: | 4/5 stars
Based on total 12 reviews
Photo Point Munnar Address: Munnar - Top Station Hwy, Ikka Nagar, Munnar, Kerala, 685612, India
While most of Munnar is photogenic, the Photo Point is doubly so. Only 3 km away from the main marketplace of this hill station, this site is a photographer’s favourite. Surrounded by the Tata Tea gardens of the Kanan Devan Hills and a string of silver oak trees, this point is right by the main highway.
Photo Point Timings & Entry Fee
There’s no fee to enter the Photo Point, but if you want the professional photographers to take pictures for you and instantly develop those, you will find yourself paying upwards of INR 40. The best time to be here is in the mornings when the rush is low. However, you can stop by anytime between 10 AM and 8 PM.
Things to do at the Photo Point
You only need an hour to make the most of your time at Munnar’s Photo Point and indulge in the following:
1. Dress up as a local tea-leaf picker and get yourself clicked at this spot which is also known as the Shooting Point. For a small fee, the photographers will provide the costumes, guide on posing and also hand over the developed snaps.
2. Snack on local fruits and corn from the roadside food carts as you sip on coconut water or tea or coffee.
3. Take photos of the tea plantations and watch the brooks roll down the valleys of the Nilgiris from afar.
Image Gallery of Photo Point Munnar
Places to Visit Near Photo Point, Munnar
Munnar and its surrounding regions are full of interesting places, waiting to be explored. Here are some options near the Photo Point:
1. KFDC Floriculture Centre: Just a few hundred metres away, this flower garden on Mattupetty Road is a must-see for children. Also known as the Government Garden, the botanical garden levies a fee of INR 50 per head for a chance to see a variety of bonsai, cacti, flowering plants and succulents.
2. C.S.I Christ Church: At a distance of 3.5 km away, this Christian house of worship bears a lot of historical significance. It will take just a 10-minute drive to arrive here and admire the stained glass windows. Constructed in 1910, C.S.I Christ Church is a stone edifice with a sloped roof. The courtyard of the church premises is not only covered by grass but also serves as a resting place for the body of a Christian named Isabella who is buried at the cemetery here.
3. Carmelagiri Elephant Park: A little over 3 km from the Photo Point, the Carmelagiri Elephant Park is a delightful place for wildlife lovers. A short drive of 7 minutes will bring you to a herd of elephants that are tamed. Trained by mahouts, these elephants are ready to take tourists out on an adventurous ride on their backs. Meandering through the thick forest, the 1-km ride offers a great chance to experience nature from a different perspective.
4. Thirumeny Cultural Centre Munnar: A 6-minute drive from the Photo Point brings one to a cultural theatre where one can witness the traditional dances and martial art forms of Kerala. The entry fee of INR 300 ensures you a ticket to watch some riveting performances of Kathakali and Kalaripayattu. The shows are experiential in the way that you can watch the performers do their makeup and join in the dance towards the end.
How to Reach the Photo Point
Only 3 km from the hill station of Munnar, the popular Photo Point can be easily reached via different modes of transport:
By Air: The Cochin International Airport is just 106 km from the Photo Point, making it the nearest airport that visitors can catch a flight to. You will conveniently get a cab from the airport to take you to the photo point in Munnar which will be a drive of slightly longer than 3 hours.
By Train: Both Angamali and Aluva railway stations are equidistant from the Photo Point. The 107 odd kilometres take just a little over 3 hours by cab. Trains tend to run late by a few minutes or several hours at times. So, keep your arrival schedule relaxed to account for this probable delay.
By Bus: Munnar Bus Station is the nearest major bus stop (for outstation buses) from the Photo Point at 3 km. You can either walk it out or hire a cab for the uphill journey.
By Car: The simplest way to reach Photo Point is to hire a private car from top car rental companies in Munnar that will pick you up from your location. That way, you won’t have to worry about arrival and departure times.
Experience Munnar like never before by booking a Munnar Tour package with us. We at Munnar Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA make sure you have a great time exploring the famous places to visit in Munnar in a relaxed and fun filled manner. To know more about our packages, please fill the Contact Us form.