Keezharkuthu Falls Munnar Entry Fee
- No entry fee
Keezharkuthu Falls Munnar Phone
Rating: | 4/5 stars
Based on total 12 reviews
Keezharkuthu Falls Munnar Address: Munnar, Idukki, Kerala, 685612, India
Keezharkuthu Falls is a 200-ft-high waterfall in the forests of Idukki. The natural formations around the waterfall make it a preferred destination among adventure enthusiasts. It’s an offbeat tourist spot near Thodupuzha town, attracting a minimal crowd.
This perennial waterfall is present in the most refreshing and picturesque settings of Munnar. It’s surrounded by lush green valleys and expansive tea gardens, making it a favourite among photo fanatics. Its water maintains a constant flow throughout the year, and it can be visited any time.
Keezharkuthu Waterfalls Thodupuzha Kerala is also popularly called Rainbow Waterfalls. You can see a rainbow gushing forth from the water throughout the year. Keezharkuthu Rainbow Waterfalls is an excellent spot to renew and refresh during your visit to Munnar.
It is an ideal place for activities like camping and trekking. People visit it also for rock climbing and mountaineering alongside the waterfall.
Things to do at Keezharkuthu Falls
1. Being awed by the waterfall – Keezharkuthu Waterfalls is one of the most beautiful attractions of Munnar. Its water cascades down the rocks from 200 ft above, surrounded by lush forests. It has kept every nature lover who has visited it fascinated with its refreshing sights. The waterfall comes from a perennial source, ensuring the water remains constant round the year. You can also spot the rainbow hovering over the waterfall from time to time.
2. Trekking in the forests – This waterfall is popular among adventure seekers too. Trekkers visit it to explore the forest that houses many medicinal plants and trees. The area around the waterfall also offers other activities like rock climbing, camping and mountaineering. The forest shelters many animals such as wild pigs, snakes and elephants.
3. Camping along the waters – The surrounding forests and hills are home to many tribal people. They live there at the top, where you can set your tent overlooking the waterfall. So, you can enjoy a day living in the lap of nature, with the melody of the gushing waterfall in the background.
4. Photography – Rainbow Waterfalls Munnar is equally popular among photo fanatics. You can use the cascading waters as the backdrop to get truly amazing shots. Also, keep the camera ready during your trek as you might come across wild animals in the forests.
Keezharkuthu Falls Timings and Entry Fee
Keezharkuthu Waterfalls is a natural sightseeing spot open throughout the day. It is accessible on all days of the year, whether weekdays or weekends. So, you can visit it anytime, on any day. The entry is free for all.
Best time to visit Keezharkuthu Falls
The waterfall constantly flows throughout the year. So, you can visit it anytime. But it’s best to see it in the winter and spring months – from November to April. The weather is more suitable for exploration and other adventure activities during these months.
You should avoid a visit during the monsoon season. The slippery rocks and mud make the experience terrible.
Things to keep in mind when visiting Keezharkuthu Falls
- Check for accommodation while planning the visit.
- Carry a bottle of water and your own food.
- Pack extra clothes if you want a quick dive.
- Wear sturdy shoes for trekking.
- Have your camera handy.
How to reach Keezharkuthu Falls Munnar?
Keezharkuthu Falls is located in a deep forest, about 85 km away from Munnar. The nearest town to Keezharkuthu Falls is Udambannoor. From there, the falls are about 6 km away, 2 km of which is a trek path. The nearest railway station and airport to Keezharkuthu Falls is in Kochi (about 80 km away).
And following are the ways to reach Keezharkuthu Waterfalls from Munnar –
By buses – You will find many buses from the Munnar bus stand. You can get on the ones going towards Thodupuzha. Get off at Udambannoor, and take an auto/taxi to the forest. The falls are 2 km away from where the approach road ends. You’ve to walk the rest of the distance.
By taxis/cabs – Taxis and full-day cabs are the best and most comfortable way to visit Keezharkuthu Waterfalls. You can take one from top car rental companies in Munnar to Thodupuzha or Udambannoor and explore the falls and other nearby places. Book one for the day and enjoy a day out with friends or family members in the lap of nature.
If you are looking forward to having a great time during your vacation, then book a Munnar tour package with us. We at Munnar Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA, design different all-inclusive Munnar tour packages based on your budget and holiday style. Moreover, we also provide the best travel deals and offers to loyal customers. For any queries or suggestions regarding the places to visit in Munnar, please contact us through the Contact Us form. Have fun exploring this beautiful hill station!