Cheeyappara Waterfalls is a beautiful waterfall on the highway to Kochi. Cascading down the rocky slopes, it is a magnificent seven-step waterfall right by the side of the road.
It is situated near Adimali town, and it is a hot spot among tourists and adventure enthusiasts. You can take a quick dip in the pool formed below or just watch the water gushing down the rocks. The natural beauty of Cheeyappara Waterfalls is a sight to behold.
The surroundings of Cheeyappara Waterfalls Adimali also offer several opportunities for trekking and forest walks. You can spot several exotic plant and animal species in the area.
Valara Waterfalls nearby is another popular tourist destination near Cheeyappara Waterfalls Munnar. And together, Cheeyappara and Valara Waterfalls are among the most mesmerising waterfalls in the Idukki district.
Things to do at Cheeyappara Waterfalls
1. Watching the waters stream down – Cheeyappara Falls are a part of a chain of waterfalls descending from River Deriyar. You can watch the waterfall cascading down in seven stages. Apart from watching the water falling into a pool, you can get drenched in the cool spray of water or take a bath standing there. If you visit Cheeyappara Waterfalls Munnar in the morning hours, you might even be able to see a rainbow across the stream of water.
2. Relaxing in natural greenery – The waterfall has a dense growth of trees all around. Cheeyappara Waterfalls serves as an ideal place of relaxation. It attracts tourists and locals who come to unwind away from the hustle and bustle of the city. The waterfall is situated by the highway, and you can spot it easily among the lush green trees. The white stream of water creates a glorious sight.
3. Trekking in the dense forests – Cheeyappara Waterfalls form the base for several treks and forest walks in the area. You can find several species of animals and birds during your tour. So, Cheeyappara Waterfall has also been declared as an eco-tourism destination. Apart from trekking, mountaineering and rock-climbing activities are also organised here.
4. Photographing the surrounding – Photographers love to click the breathtaking view of the waterfall and the surrounding forests. The valley opposite, covered with dense forests, also offers an ideal backdrop for photography.
5. Experiencing the local taste – Several local food vendors have set up shops and stalls nearby. They offer hot tea and coffee, homemade chocolates and many other local snacks. Fresh coconut water, pineapples and watermelons are also sold in makeshift stalls.
6. Visiting Valara Waterfalls nearby – Valara Waterfalls nearby is another popular spot among the tourists. The green and clean natural surroundings of the place will remain in your memory for a long time.
Image Gallery of Cheeyappara Waterfalls Munnar
Cheeyappara Waterfalls Munnar Timings and Entry Fee
Cheeyappara Waterfalls is open throughout the day, every day. You can visit it anytime, whether on weekdays, weekends, or holidays. Also, the Cheeyappara Waterfalls ticket price is Rs. 0. The entry is free for all.
Best time to visit Cheeyappara Waterfalls
You can visit Cheeyappara Waterfalls Kerala throughout the year. But it's best to see it after the monsoon months or in winter. The weather remains pleasant throughout the day, and the waterfall has its full volume during these months.
Visit Cheeyappara Waterfalls in the morning when fewer people come here. You'll be able to enjoy better views and more time here. You can spend an hour at Cheeyappara Waterfalls.
Things to keep in mind when visiting Cheeyappara Waterfalls
- Carry extra clothes if you want a quick dive
- Wear sturdy shoes to go on a walking trail
- Be careful of the monkeys around
How to reach Cheeyappara Waterfalls Munnar?
Cheeyappara Waterfalls is on the highway which connects Munnar with Kochi. The distance to Cheeyappara Waterfalls from Munnar is about 44 km, and it is best reached by road. From the bus stop, it is about 42 km away. The nearest railway station and airport is in Kochi (about 80 km away).
And following are the ways to reach Cheeyappara Waterfalls Idukki Munnar –
By buses – You will find many buses from the Munnar bus stand. Take the ones going towards Aluva and Kochi, and you can get off at Cheeyappara Waterfalls on the way.
By auto-rickshaws – Auto rickshaws are available all over Munnar, and you can book them to reach Cheeyappara Waterfalls. It usually takes around an hour to the waterfalls from Munnar town.
By taxis/cabs – Taxis are the most ideal and comfortable way to visit Cheeyappara Waterfalls and other popular sightseeing places of Munnar. Private cabs are also available for hire at affordable prices. You can book them for the entire day from top car rental companies in Munnar and explore the town.
We at Munnar Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA, provide customized all-inclusive Munnar tour packages that are designed keeping every person’s budget and holiday style in mind. If you are planning a vacation to this beautiful hill station and looking for a customised package, you can contact our team of travel experts who will be happy to assist you. For any queries or suggestions, feel free to fill the Contact Us form.