Echo Point Munnar Entry Fee
- No entry fee
Echo Point Munnar Phone
Rating: | 4/5 stars
Based on total 16 reviews
Echo Point Munnar Address: Mattupatti Dam to Top Station Rd, Kannan Devan Hills, Kerala, 685616, India
Echo Point in Munnar is a popular tourist spot among the picturesque Nilgiri Hills. It lies on the banks of a serene lake and offers a panoramic view of the surrounding hills and evergreen forest cover.
Three mountain ranges – Mudrapuzha, Nallathanni, and Kundala, meet at the Echo Point. And you can walk around the gentle slopes or explore the surrounding tea plantations and spice gardens. You can also hop on a boat or sit by the lake watching the birds. It’s heaven for adventure enthusiasts, nature lovers, and photographers.
Munnar Echo Point also provides a lush green surrounding for family picnics. It is known for echoing your voices from the nearby mountains. Visit it on a silent and misty morning, and check it for yourself.
Many other tourist attractions are located close to Echo Point, making it a must-visit place during your trip to Munnar.
Things to do in Echo Point Munnar
1. Bird-watching – The beauty and serenity of the place attracts not only tourists but also birds. So, birdwatchers will feel themselves being in a paradise here. It is the home to many native birds, which you will spot only around Munnar.
2. Boating in the lake – Numerous boats are parked at the bank of the lake. And depending on the availability, you can ride a paddle boat or a traditional rowboat in the clear green water of the lake.
3. Going for nature walks – Echo Point at Munnar is surrounded by rows of tea gardens, coffee plantations and evergreen trees. You can trek down the path and explore the natural beauty of Munnar hidden amidst soft and misty clouds. Various other treks are organised on trails along the banks or the slopes of surrounding hills.
4. Taking stellar photographs – The misty terrains, calm waters and views of blue mountains entice photographers to capture the breathtaking scenery in their lens. And so can you. Neelakurinji flowers, which bloom only once in 12 years, also add a feather to the beauty of this point.
5. Shopping on the street – Echo Point has many small shops, which sell local items produced in Munnar. You will also find flavourful masala tea shops and fresh fruit stalls in the periphery of this scenic tourist spot.
Entry Fee and Timings of Echo Point Munnar
Echo Point Munnar entry fee is ₹30 for adults and ₹15 for kids. The charges for boating are additional, which varies from boat to boat. Other than that, you don’t have to pay any charge for clicking photos or recording videos.
Echo Point is open all round the year, and you can visit it on any day, whether during the week or on weekends. It is accessible between 6 AM and 7.30 PM.
Image Gallery of Echo Point Munnar
Best Time to visit Echo Point
Even though Munnar is a hill station, the summer heat makes the tour uncomfortable for many. Summers, however, offer clearer skies and better views. But it is best to visit Echo Point in winter or spring when the temperature is cool. It is during spring that blooming flowers and shrubs cover the mountain slopes, thus adding to the charm of the place.
So, plan your visit somewhere between November and May. And go there during the afternoon hours. It would help you enjoy to your fullest and click some lovely photographs during the early evening hours.
Time to explore Echo Point Munnar
You can spend about 2-3 hours at Echo Point. Here, you can go trekking, boating, or checking the shops at the roadside for souvenirs and other exotic products.
Things to keep in mind while visiting Echo Point
- Put on comfortable walking shoes.
- Wear woollen clothes or have them handy during your visit.
- Try the fresh mangoes and pineapples sold by the local farmers.
Places to visit near Echo Point in Munnar
1. Top Station – Top Station used to be the uppermost railway station in the valley, and it is the topmost point in Munnar. From the Top Station viewpoint, you can admire the beauty of Munnar and the surrounding valley. You can also set camps at Top Station for overnight stays. It is at a distance of 16 km from Echo Point.
2. Kundala Dam Lake – Also known as Kundale Lake, this spectacular spot is about 8 km away from Echo Point, on the way to Top Station. Apart from a panoramic view of the lake, you can experience the mesmerising views of the tea plantations on the slopes around. The place is also known to host blooming Cherry Blossom flowers and Neelakurinji flowers. Boating in Kundala Lake too is an experience worth trying. Pedal boats, Kashmiri shikaras, and rowboats are available for hire.
3. Mattupetty Dam – About 6 km from Echo Point, Mattupetty Dam is a source of water and power for Munnar. But today, along with the lake, it is also a popular tourist spot. The mountain ranges display a magnificent landscape which attracts local people and tourists alike. The tourism department maintains boating facilities here. You can also spot elephants at the banks. Other birds and animals, too, come to the lake to drink water.
4. Kannan Devan Tea Museum – Popular as the Tea Museum of Munnar, Kannan Devan Tea Museum tells you all about the tea plantations in the region, along with their cultivation and processing. It is located about 19 km from Echo Point. At the tea museum, you’ll get to know the automatic machines involved in the production process, as well as the processes from the earlier days. You can see the old rollers, wheels, and other machines here.
5. Kolukkumalai Tea Estate – Kolukkumalai Tea Estate is only a few kilometres away from the tea museum, and it is known to be the highest tea estate in the world. The factory in the vicinity is open to tourists, and you can witness the traditional techniques of tea processing. The estate produces highly aromatic and flavourful tea. It also offers a panoramic view of the town and the surrounding mountains.
6. Nyayamkadu Waterfalls – Nyayamkadu Waterfalls, or Nayamakad Waterfalls, is a popular adventure spot of Munnar, about 25 km away from Echo Point. The waterfall is surrounded by evergreen forest and it feels calming to sit on the rocks and watch the water cascading down from a height of over 1500 m. You can trek your way to the spot or climb the rocks to reach the top of these breathtaking waterfalls. People come here with their friends and family.
7. Anamudi Peak – Anamudi Peak, about 33 km away, is the highest peak in southern India. It is 2,695 m high and is popular among adventure lovers. The peak offers a bird’s-eye view of the evergreen bamboo forests and teak trees in the valley around. And you can see the tea plantations, spice plantations and the wildlife of the area too. You’ll come across Asian elephants, Gaurs and Nilgiri Tahrs during your visit.
8. CSI Christ Church – CSI Christ Church, about 18 km from Echo Point, is a 100-year-old church built during British rule. It is a peaceful spot among the mountains. The church is known for its well-maintained architecture too. It is a beautiful church built in gothic style with granite and is decorated with attractive stained-glass work and brass plaques.
9. Pothamedu Viewpoint – Pothamedu Viewpoint is another unique spot from where you can get a panoramic view of the scenic hill town and the valleys. It is a must-visit spot for adventure seekers, nature lovers, and hikers, along with photographers. You can capture some gorgeous views of the tea plantations and dense forests with your lens. You will also get striking pictures of coffee and cardamom plantations. It is about 21 km away from Echo Point.
10. Punarjani Traditional Village – Punarjani Village, about 25 km away from Echo Point, was set up by a group of local artists to preserve the cultural heritage of the region. Here you can enjoy two traditional shows in the evening. One is dedicated to Kathakali, a classical dance-drama and the other dives into Kalarippayattu, a traditional martial art form. You can also watch the artists getting their facial makeup, wearing dresses, and preparing for the performance.
How to reach Echo Point Munnar
Echo Point is on the way to Top Station of Munnar, about 18 km away from the town. You can take a bus for Echo Point or book a private cab from top car rental companies in Munnar to take you for a pleasing ride through the mountainous highway.
And following are the various ways to reach Munnar –
By Road – Munnar is accessible from all parts of the country by road. And you must not miss the experience of travelling through the scenic route. Regular buses from nearby towns to Munnar are available. Echo Point is about 19 km away from Munnar bus stop. You can also hire a cab from Coimbatore (150 km), Kochi (120 km), and Madurai (170 km) among others.
By Rail – Aluva, about 120 km away, is the nearest railway station that connects Munnar to other towns and cities. Regular trains are available from the metropolitan cities and other towns. Among the other stations nearby are Coimbatore (150 km), Ernakulam (120 km), and Madurai (170 km). They have better nation-wide railway connectivity than Aluva. And from there, you can take a bus or cab to reach Munnar.
By Air – The nearest airport to Echo Point is Cochin International Airport. It is about 120 km away and has frequent flights from various Indian and international airports. From the airport, you can take a bus or cab for Munnar. Coimbatore and Madurai airports are also nearby.
Have a wonderful time in the scenic hill station of Munnar by booking a Munnar Tour package with us. At Munnar Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA, we ensure you make the best of your holiday while exploring the various places to visit in Munnar in the comfort of a private cab. We also help you customise the package according to your personal preferences. Please fill the Contact Us form to know more about our offerings.