Muniyara Dolmens Munnar Entry Fee
- No entry fee
Muniyara Dolmens Munnar Phone
Rating: | 4/5 stars
Based on total 10 reviews
Muniyara Dolmens Munnar Address: Munnar, Idukki, Kerala, 685602, India
Munnar, a hill station widely recognized for its verdant hills, natural beauty, tea plantations, and several lakes, boasts many tourist attractions that lure people from every corner of the world.
Of course, there are sights such as Echo Point, Atukkad Waterfalls, Mattupetty Dam, Rajamalai National Park, Top Station, Pothamedu View Point, Anamudi Peak, and Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary. But a place that has not gained much attention of the visitors unlike other sightseeing places in Munnar is Muniyara Dolmens.
An idyllic destination for experience seekers, geography lovers, and photo fanatics, the Muniyara Dolmens is a great spot for all those who wish to travel back in time and peep into the history of the Neolithic Era.
Situated in Marayoor, this ancient rock structure features a unique representation where 4 stones are vertically laid on the ground and the 5th stone, which is also called the capstone, is placed horizontally on top of them, thus making it look unique and different from other dolmens. It is a must-visit attraction for Paleophiles and definitely needs your attention on the way.
Things to do at Muniyara Dolmens, Munnar
- Spend some ME time while sitting around for a while. This will allow you to enjoy the tranquillity of this place and rejuvenate your senses far away from the maddening crowd.
- Take photographs of the Muniyara Dolmens and its surrounding area to cherish your visit for a lifetime. It offers numerous opportunities to click astonishing pictures.
- Get in touch with locals to learn about the strange stories related to this spot. The ancient tale will surely leave you in awe and make you gaze at it with more interest.
Entry Fee and Timings of Muniyara Dolmens, Munnar
There is no entry fee to visit Muniyara Dolmens in Munnar and it welcomes tourists from 7:00 AM in the morning to 6:00 PM all days of the week. The recommended exploration time is 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Image Gallery of Muniyara Dolmens Munnar
Travel Tips for Muniyara Dolmens, Munnar
Knowing the travel tips in advance can help you plan things accordingly. Here are a few important tips for Muniyara Dolmens in Munnar:
- Try visiting this place either early in the morning i.e., during sunrise, or in the evening when sunsets to witness the real beauty.
- Make sure that you go in a group whenever you plan to head to the destination. There are chances of getting hurt, so you’ll be able to help others.
- Always carry umbrellas, caps, sunglasses, and hats to protect your sensitive skin from the harsh sun rays.
- Do not hesitate to take the help of locals to get to the location. As there are no particular signboards, it might be difficult for you to find it.
Please note that it’s difficult to get a professional guide there on the spot. Hence, it would be great to hire a guide beforehand if you want to make the most of your visit.
Best Time to Visit Muniyara Dolmens, Munnar
If you are residing in Munnar, you can pave your way towards Muniyara Dolmens at any time of the year. However, if you are traveling to Munnar as a tourist and want to have the perfect time on your trip, you should consider heading towards it in the winter. During this time, the weather remains pleasant and is in the favor of visitors.
In summers, the temperature is unbearable in the area, making it difficult for everyone to explore the surroundings.
How to Reach Muniyara Dolmens, Munnar?
Since Muniyara Dolmens is located at a distance of 55 Km away from Munnar, it can be easily accessed by local transport. One can choose to hire a private taxi from the list of top car rental companies in Munnar to enjoy a hassle-free journey to the destination. However, the road that takes you to this place is quite narrow, so you can choose to walk a few km and admire the bountiful nature before reaching there.
Need help with your Munnar tour? Please fill the Contact Us form to get in touch with our travel experts. At Munnar Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA, we take care of everyone’s needs and design our all-inclusive Munnar tour packages that suit your holiday style. Based on your budget, we can also make changes to the itinerary and help you cover the topmost tourist attractions in Munnar. You can also avail the best travel deals that offer huge discounts on travel packages. What else do you need?